Monday







alicia's
chocolate
chip
cookies






So my friend from work, Alicia, bakes cakes like it's nobody's business. I saw this picture on her fb and stalked her for the recipe until she gave it up. It has a secret ingredient that takes the.. cookie?




SECRET INGREDIENT




Jell-o pudding mix? YES. I have been using plain old vanilla mix, but use any kind you want to make different yummy flavors.


Rating: ★★ out of ★★★★


I say 5/4 because these are the shit. The best cookies I've honestly think I've ever had and I made them myself like who would have thought?! The perfect consistency + semi-sweet chips + plump shape. I actually give these a zillion star rating, but that would be obnoxious if I had that many stars on this page.


I would also like to add that my pictures don't even do the taste of these justice.


Recipe Time


Ingredients

The original recipe yields some wacko number like 72 cookies so I cut it in half and it was enough for staff at work and for me to eat roughly 2.5 for a few days. So we'll go out on a limb and say exactly half; 36 

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla (or whatever you like) pudding mix
    **don't make pudding and put it in the batter. I'm telling you MIX
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips/chunks, your preference
OPTIONAL; 1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 and grease 2 cookie sheets

Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside

Cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat in instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Blend liquid mixture into flour mixture, alternating between blending and pouring.

Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Place batter in fridge for 15 minutes so cookies hold plump shape. 

Scoop tablespoon ish sized balls onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment