Monday





Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These little guys started my bad baking spree. I blame it all on the recipes, not the baker of course. Considering they were all eaten, they weren't that bad. I think it was like 18 cookies.

The recipe was from Who Wants Seconds? and of course it looked great, but they ended up not 100% like they should have. The first batch, well.. see the picture.





             Crispy, thin, wafer cookies 




















Thankfully my cook of a sister made me add some extra flour to the batter, about 1/2 cup extra. Then, they looked like this
It probably didn't help that I started making these cookies at 11 at night to please my.. less than sober friend. He couldn't wait long enough and just ate the cookie dough which was quality. 

Rating ★★★ out of ★★★★ (the finished product)
They tasted good, but they weren't the chewy cookies you want when you do oatmeal. And it was annoying that I had to tweak the batter.
Recipe

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
8oz unsalted buttere, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two cookie sheets
Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in bowl
In separate bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat the mixture until fluffly, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
Stir in dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture with wooden spoon. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. 
Place dough in large spoonfuls ( like 2 tablespoons) about 2 inches apart on sheets.
Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes, then let cool.
If you have stupid cookie crisps like I did with my first batch, add a little flour--you be the judge.

                            




yeah, he's eyein them.

1 comment: